Thursday, November 21, 2013

Welcome!

I wanted to take this time to introduce myself and share with you some of my expectations for this class.  It is a pleasure to get to work with all of you and be your advisor for the next 2 years.  I know having a few different teachers has been tough but I look forward to bringing some stability to the classroom.

This blog is a resource that I will update frequently where you can receive classroom assignments, important documents, and reminders.  This resource is a tool for students and parents to check on daily happenings in class.

For today I wanted to  briefly introduce myself and find out about your interests and get a sample of your writing.

Introduction Questions

Once we have finished with those I suggest you begin looking at the list of required readings for book reviews.  Take a look and do some research about some books that may interest you.  Be diligent in your research because finding a book you like will make the assignment much easier and more enjoyable.  Your first book review will be due at the semester (1/24) though many of you will finish before.

I also encourage you to begin brainstorming some ideas for a short story you will be writing.  Your short story will be about a fearful situation.  Think about a few ideas of fearful situations that interest you or you may have encountered personally.  You will be given the full prompt on Monday when we return from break.

Finally, a reminder that you will have a social studies test 3rd period (NO NOTES!)  After the test we will take a look at what you learned and what you would like to know about the civil war.

Civil War KWL Chart

This will let us know whether we want to continue with the civil war or move on to the next unit.

Thanks! Looking forward to a great year




No comments:

Post a Comment