Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Narrative Writing

Catcher in the Rye Narrative
Remember that your 1 page story of a time you felt disconnected should be a story.  Meaning it should be told in first person and about a single event.  Do not simply give a summary of a period in your life, but one specific event.  this will be due Monday (10/13)

Book Reviews
You should be getting close to finishing your books and start working on your presentations.  I should see a lot of people reading in class this week.

College Apps
You should be working on college applications.  If you have any questions about any part of the application process please see me or Mr. Moravec.  If you are worried about financing college I strongly encourage you to apply and look at grants you get from financial aid before you make your final decision.  I'm here and happy to help in any way I can.

ADA
I am working on our ADA box and still need work from many of you.  I will be passing back some assignments today.  I encourage you to keep them and double check they are entered in the grade book before you throw them away.  I am not perfect (though almost) and sometimes make mistakes in the gradebook.  For many of you I wanted to give you back an edited copy of your personal statement so I could not use it for English.  If you could please print another copy, with appropriate ADA heading and dates, so I can put it in the box.

I still need ADA subsidiaries from the following:
Sam Barbour
Chad Benner
Alejandro Espinoza

Tardy
Remember all tardy's must be cleared by Friday or you will receive a referral and we will have to discuss your inability to make it to class or serve detention with Mrs. Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment